To modify your search options, follow the steps below, referencing the circled numbers. Click Show Options to expand the options window.
1. Choose your preferred option for what content to search:
- All Content searches all text that is in all
content record documents (includes Indexed content)
- Q & A Only searches all text but only in
records where the “Q & A” attribute is checked (excludes Indexed content)
- Question Only searches only the question text but
only in records where the “Q & A” attribute is checked (excludes Indexed
- Short Description searches only the text within the Summary attribute field (note that your label
may be different)
2. Choose your preferred default option for what words to include in the search:
- All Words returns records that include all words in
- Any Word returns records that include any of the
words in the search field
3. Choose your preferred option to search for records based on compliance status (this is based on the expiration date field):
- All returns all records
- Compliant returns records that have not yet expired
- Non-Compliant returns records that have expired or
where the expiration date is empty
4. Choose whether to include customer configured synonyms in the search.
5. Choose your preferred option to search for content expiring in the future (this is based on the expiration date field):
- Next Week returns records expiring within the next
- Next Month returns records expiring within the next
- Next Quarter returns records expiring within in the
next 90 days
- Next Year returns records expiring within in the
next 365 days
6. To save your default options, click the Save Options. Important Note: This will include text in the search text field, filters, sorting, and all options in the Show Options window. Click Clear Search before clicking Save Options.
7. Click Hide Options to collapse the search options.
8. Click Show Preview to show the preview text window.